Hello and welcome to the Release Notes for the January 2008 update of Asheron’s Call! This month we find that the seasons have once again changed, and a chill is in the air. With this change of seasons, we see the arrival of snow once again across the landscape. This of course means that players may run into a snowman or two in their adventures. Be careful though, as not all snowmen are friendly.
Some adventurers have been reporting that they have been having some problems recalling exactly what happened during some of Dereth’s major events. Some feel that Aerbax is involved in this somehow. Perhaps speaking with Asheron could clear things up?
Lets see what else is happening in Dereth this month!
We have raised the damage of Streak spells across the board. Players using these spells should notice an increased amount of damage when using these spells in combat. Below is a listing of the damage before and after the changes we have made.
Streak Damage Before January Update
Level 1: 15-30
Level 2: 16-32
Level 3: 18-36
Level 4: 20-40
Level 5: 22-44
Level 6: 26-52
Level 7: 30-60
Streak Damage after January Update
Level 1: 15-30
Level 2: 17-34
Level 3: 20-40
Level 4: 24-48
Level 5: 28-56
Level 6: 34-68
Level 7: 40-80
- Alchemy peas have been added to the game. This will help those who use grenades create their wares in batches now. We suggest all those interested, speak with Janier al-Evv in Xarabydun.
- With the turning of the seasons, the landscape has once again begun to take on a more winter feel.
- The events that were started in October, will be turned off this month. This includes the Al-Jalima invasion, the Harvest Reaper spawns, and the the Majestic Pumpkin.
- Frosthaven has once again become an active area. Make sure to check the area out and help the snowmen.
- Rumors of a Snowman who is need of assistance have been floating around recently. They say he has been seen most frequently in the mountains to the northeast.
- Since it is the winter season, the presents have returned to Dereth. Have you been good?
- Some new named creatures have been seen in the Direlands. It is reported that these creatures are not only a bit tougher, but they also drop a unique item upon death, which can be turned in for a reward.
- Aerbax is up to something strange. Many of Dereth’s citizens have been reporting having some strange visions of events past.
- A new face has appeared in Fort Tethana. Make sure you investigate why he is here.
- Players will soon have the ability to purchase a rename for their characters. There are some rules and restrictions to this new feature. Please keep watching the forums for the official announcement.
So there are just some of the things we have in store for Asheron's Call in January. Please remember that along with everything listed here, there are several new quests and exciting things going into the game for the January event.