The official EQ2 site has been updated with a letter from producer Bruce Ferguson. Discussing the imminent release of update 42, here's a portion of the letter:
1) We have the deities returning with renewed strength, and additional members...The Tribunal, Karana, and Bertoxxolous. You will find these encounters even more challenging than ever!
2) Also coming in this update are the new mannequins, which will allow you to show off your armor and weapons inside your house. If you're anxious to get one of these, be sure to touch base with your local crafting expert, who will be filling orders soon.
3) Searching for items that you care about on the broker will become much easier, as we have implemented the ability to search for items by the effect name on the item.
4) We've added a new Pet Options window to allow you to set your pet name, hide status and how they'll act around you.
5) While we can't control the entire internet yet, we can show you what may be happening between your computer and ours, with a new Connections Stats window to show you your ping, bytes per second, frames per second, and packet loss.
6) Oh, and someone mentioned epics. I think there are some epic quests in this update.
There's more so go over and take a look.