SWG Community Manager Valara posted a preview of Game Update 2. This update will focus on Entertainer and Medic:
Each game update will take a look at specific professions to address bug fixes and issues. (This is not a complete revamp of the profession.) Please keep in mind that this won't be in the form of a chapter dedicated to each profession, but an update between major content releases that includes addressing some of the bugs and issues for one or two specific professions.
For the second profession update, the development team is focusing on entertainers and medics.
The Top 5 issues presented by the representative senator are the basis for the update for each profession. The team will spend time on the issues in the Top 5 and address as many as possible.
Summary of Entertainer Top Five
These are the top five issues presented by the Entertainer Senator and the entertainer community:
Game Update 2
- Disallow AFK play for the entertainer profession.
- Look for ways to include entertainer in new content using the existing systems in game.
- Look for ways to mitigate dancer's drift.
- At times a player cannot be inspired by the entertainer even though they are watching or listening to the entertainer.
- Make changes to the Build a Buff UI window.
With the top five issues in mind, here is what we currently have in the works for entertainers in Game Update 2:
This is not a complete list of what will be included in this game update, and please be aware that this plan is subject to change.
- Investigating concerns about AFK leveling without making a widespread change.
- Investigating ways to alleviate and/or remove dancer's drift.
- Correcting miscellaneous bugs.
- Investigating changes to the Build a Buff UI.
- Looking into options for instrument customization.
We will not be able to address all concerns or suggestions you have for your profession in this particular update, but we are focusing on the issues above. Each game update can also include updates to other professions, so if your issue is not addressed at this time, there is always a chance that it may be addressed in a later update.