Finally, The King Has Come To The UK
The official Conan site has an announcement about the upcoming GM tour of the United Kingdom (Britain for you yanks):
Eidos and Funcom have organized an exclusive Age of Conan GM tour for the press in a cinema in central London next week (Thursday, 13 March 2008).
Product Manager Erling 'Lord Orion' Ellingsen and Community Manager Oliver 'Tarib' Kunz will be there to show the game and it turns out we have room for a few crazy Brits at this event.
To win one of the 9 spots, all you have to do is email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "The King is coming to the UK!" In the email, you should finish the sentence:
"I want to meet King Conan because..."
The 9 best entries will get themselves one seat each for this exclusive presentation of the game.
Please keep in mind you will have to get yourself to the event in central London, as the contest only includes entry to the event. All the necessary details will be revealed to the lucky winners, but we have to stay tight-lipped here, because we've had the cops called on us a time or two for the crush of fans we attract and attendance is strictly limited. ;)
1. All entries must be received by March 9th, 2008 at 12:00 GMT.
2. By submitting the entries the contestant certifies that they are 18 or older.
No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered entries will be accepted. All entries become the exclusive property of Funcom. By submitting entry, entrant represents that (s)he has the unrestricted right to submit text and that it does not infringe upon any third party's proprietary or other rights. By entering, each entrant unconditionally assigns and transfers to Sponsor any and all rights which they now have or may in the future have to the submission including, without limitation, the copyrights therein, in any medium whatsoever. Sponsor will have the unrestricted right to use, alter, publish, display or transfer the text however it sees fit without further approval of or payment to entrant.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: One winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received. The winner will be selected by representatives of Funcom on or about March 10th, 2008. Decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest. Winner will be notified by email.
4. PRIZES: Nine (9) Grand Prizes: Nine entries to the exclusive "Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures"-presentation held on the 13th of March 2008 in a cinema in central London, UK. One prize (entry) per submission. The prize will be awarded and No substitution or transfer of prize permitted. Account use is subject to normal game rules and terms of service.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to individuals age 18 or older as of March 4th, 2008 who are legal residents of their current domicile, except employees (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of Sponsor, its affiliates, agents, judges and advertising and promotion agencies.
6. VERIFICATION OF WINNER AND DELIVERY OF PRIZE: Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release. Prize may be forfeited if affidavit is not returned within 14 days after mailing to winner or if prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable or if 3 attempts to contact entrant by email are unsuccessful. Winner agrees to use of name, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation.
7. GENERAL: This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable country, federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of New York, USA. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States of America. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Contest or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Contest. By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in this Contest. By accepting prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, its directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, its advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. No purchase necessary to win.
8. WINNERS LIST: To obtain name of winner, visit http://forums.ageofconan.com on or about March 10th, 2008.