The NWN 2 Community Blog has been updated by Rob McGinnis. Lamenting the lack of time to prepare the blog, McGinnis indicated that community members are welcome to submit articles for consideration and inclusion in future updates.
Well, it seems I can't get to this blog in any sort of timely manner. Working on the patches has taken up much more of my time than I anticipated. Because of this, I am going to offer community members the opportunity to send in articles for the Blog. Your articles can be about anything NWN2-related. If there is a bit of Custom Content you like, a persistent world you are excited about, a module that seems fun and interesting, or anything else, and would like to share information about it with the rest of the community, just send the write up to me here via PM. If you would like to include screenshots or pictures, let me know and I will send you an e-mail address to send them to.
Today's Update will cover a bit of the 1.13 patch, the MoW authentication delays, some community creations and the NWN2 Area Design Contest.
1.13 Patch Sneak Peek
While we are still nailing down the 1.13 patch - the MoW Security work makes this difficult - I thought I would just give you a sneak peek at some of the fixes already planned for the 1.13 patch:
- The toolset and game will load haks in the same order
- Ability to tint multiple tiles while multi-selected
- Allow GetNextItemInInventory to work with stores
- The dm_setfaction command will no longer cause servers to crash
- Light and sound sphere sizes will be correct in the toolset
- Add get and set functions to access the ItemPropertyActivationPreference flag on items
- The Chat channel selected will remain persistent through area and module transitions
- Skills.2da will now allow up to 100 rows of data
As always, items in the patch are subject to change as need and time dictates. I should be posting a more detailed list in the next couple weeks. We will be doing something a little different and making the lists and the progress updates available in different languages.
Additionally, the following are included in the update: