Dark Age of Camelot servers are now updated with the v1.97 patch. The patch includes a gigantic laundry list of changes, bug fixes and enhancements. Check out a portion of the notes below:
The Camelot Team welcomes you to version 1.97! In this version we evaluated music and chant classes in all three realms, with a particular focus on how to alleviate some of the frustrations with the spell "twisting" dynamic of these classes. This patch also addressed ongoing issues with the 700 level tradeskill quests and increased the bonuses for crafting in the capital cities.
As was mentioned previously, today's patch version is the first one we have had since moving Dark Age of Camelot over to our new hardware and that it would give us an idea of how long our new downtimes will be. It was also stated that if we saw a significant improvement in our downtime, that we would start increasing the frequency of our patches. Today, we were pleasantly surprised to find that the downtime was even faster than we had hoped, and as a result, you will start seeing a steadier pace of updates.
NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES
- All existing characters have been granted a free Mythic Respec.
- Bards, Minstrels, Paladins, Skalds, and Wardens will now be able to run two songs or chants simultaneously.
- Flutes, Lutes, and Drums will now be able to play any song type, and will no longer be limited to specific songs.
- The crafting bonuses that were introduced in 1.86 for the capital cities of Camelot, Jordheim, and Tir na Nog have been increased to a 20% bonus to crafting speed and a 10% chance to gain a skill point when crafting.
- The loading screen tip for block and parry cap has been updated to indicate that block cap was changed to 60% from 75% in 1.96.
You can check out the rest of the patch notes at the link above.