The Mad King is once again rampaging across all Guild Wars servers. Arriving on the heels of the latest game update, the spooky Halloween events will give players lots of thrills, chills and nifty stuff. Keep reading!
When the harvest is in and the moon sails high
And the shadows begin to lengthen
Mad King Thorn's games begin! His minions ride!
His grip on the land will strengthen
But all is not well on this Halloween
It stirs in the Underworld's gloom
An ancient evil, long unseen
If awakened, it spells our doom
Do partake in the Mad King's revelry
But take care in the jack o' lantern glow
For this is the season of devilry
And something wicked lurks deep below
- Preparations have been made for Halloween 2009.
- A number of new quests will become available throughout the course of the event, starting on Monday.
- The Codex Arena is officially open.
- The new Codex title track is available for competing in the Codex Arena. This title track is not cumulative with the Commander title track.
- Team Arena and Hero Battles are officially closed.
- Winning matches is no longer required to unlock PvP outposts.
- Progress made in the Commander title track will be saved and cannot advance any further.
Read the rest of the patch notes HERE.