Cryptic Studios has announced the first major content update for Star Trek Online. Called "Common Ground", the update will feature a plethora of interesting new features such as uniform customization and PvP enhancements. Check it out!
Our latest content update, Season One: Common Ground, is releasing shortly. Here's just a bit of the updates we have headed players' way.
* Wargames - Federation players can now participate in PvP against one another to better prepare for the dangers of the battlefield.
* New PvP Map - Explore "Shanty Town," a brand new Ground Assault map available for both Klingon and Federation players.
* Off-Duty Uniforms - Experience DS9 in style! Starfleet officers will have the option to change into off-duty outfits to enjoy more casual attire.
* New Stances and Hairstyles - Further customize your Captain by changing his or her hairstyle, or adopting two brand new stances: Stern and Relaxed.
* The Captain's Log - A web-based application to check in on you and your friends' Captains and ships.
* A New Klingon Battle Cruiser - The K'Tanco Battle Cruiser has been made available to Klingon Lieutenant Commanders.
* Klingon Ship Customization - Use the ship tailor to customize your Bird of Prey, Carrier or Raptor.
* New Fleet Actions Everywhere!
o The Big Dig - Available in Romulan space.
o DS9 Under Siege - The True Way has attacked and boarded DS9. Repel the invasion to save the day.
o Klingons Can Play, Too - Klingon Captains may now access the Crystalline Entity, Big Dig and Breaking the Planet Fleet Actions
* Respec Is Here - Unhappy with your Captain's skill point allocation? Use the respec tool to change things up. (Available both in-game and as a C-store item.)
* New Skill: Starship Attack Vectors - Improve your ship's accuracy and critical hit chance.
* New Skill: Combat Maneuvers - Improve your ship's evasion and turn rate.
* New Skill: Starship Battle Strategy - Improve your ship's critical hit severity and damage resistance.
Also check out these updates at the STO site: