The Pirates of the Burning Sea development team has revealed a lot of details about the forthcoming expansion, Power and Prestige. You'll want to read this extensive list of changes so have at it!
Flying Lab Software Unveils Pirates of the Burning Sea: Power & Prestige Feature List & Beta Test
04/14/2009, Seattle WA: Flying Lab Software has lifted the cover off the feature list for Power & Prestige, the first major expansion to its critically acclaimed MMORPG title Pirates of the Burning Sea due for release in summer 2010.
Those captains anxious to take sail in Power & Prestige can apply to test out the game's new features in advance during the expansion's beta period, which will open in the Spring of 2010. The games new features include the highly anticipated Port Governance feature, over 60 new missions, and new NPC factions.
Players can apply to take part in Flying Lab Software's Power & Prestige beta program by visiting http://www.burningsea.com/page/ppbeta. Players on trial accounts can also apply to take part in the beta test, so now is an excellent time to try the game. An active subscription will be required to access the beta server when it opens.
Pirates of the Burning Sea is an MMORPG featuring high-seas action and adventure in a bold world of pirates and plunder. Set against the backdrop of the New World of the 18th century, players can choose one of three nations - England, France or Spain - or choose the role of a Pirate to battle it out for glory and power.
Power & Prestige expands upon the game's already robust real-time Conquest system, allowing players to not only capture ports on behalf of their parent nations, but to also become a Port Governor with great economic and strategic influence.
Pirates of the Burning Sea: Power & Prestige Feature List:
- Port Governance: Become the Governor of a port! In Power & Prestige, players and player societies can spend influence to elect Governors in ports throughout the Burning Sea. Once elected Governor, you can:
- Display your name under the port's name in the Open Sea, or choose to share the glory with their whole society. You can also set a message that greets anyone who enters the port.
- Take important economic and military actions such as setting the tax rate of the port, improving the port's infrastructure, reducing the port's unrest, and boosting the port's defenses.
- Draw a salary from the port's coffers.
- Display a special title while you are governor, and access an exclusive shop to purchase special governor-only items.
- Content: We are adding over 60 new missions to the game, using new techniques to produce content that is even more exciting and challenging.
- We have added new content to ensure that you can reach Celebrated reputation with your favorite player-friendly factions and be rewarded for it!
- We are introducing four new "Pirate Hunter" factions: the Board of Marque, the Men of War, the Salon d'Aventure and the Corsarios del Rey. Each of these new privateering factions has unique storyline missions available to all nations!
- Factions will have shops that offer outfitting, customizable clothing and sails to players who have earned sufficient respect.
- We're adding new repeatable missions as part of Port Governance: Governor's Requests! Complete the bonus objectives to infuse your favorite port's treasury.
- Avatar skill revision: We've giving our Avatar Combat skills an overhaul, and we're separating out Brawling to be its own fighting school.
- Ship Combat Tuning: We're giving every ship in the game a significant revision, and we're adding new features to help combat troublesome outfitting stacking!
- Career Improvements: Each of our five careers is getting a complete revision, which will include the addition of new skills allowing for more tactical gameplay.
- Character Lighting Improvements: Character lighting in towns and other environments has been overhauled to look more realistic.
Yar, mate, that's a boatload o'changes!